- RT @tollambulance: Every year, around 34,000 Australians and New Zealanders suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Today, we are taking par… 1 week ago
- We use these resources as part of the suite of training materials @SydneyHEMS for emergency medical procedures. twitter.com/nswaci/status/… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tollambulance: "I always throw her the ball while waiting for my wife to finish work at Moruya hospital, it was great to see the helico… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: Thursday: ED - setting up to intubate. DuCanto catheters now standard in Resus Friday: Retrieval - doing team pack checks.… 1 month ago
- So far, we’ve had retrieval docs, @NETSNSW docs, paramedics, a radiologist and a social worker on our programme tod… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: procedures
(Thanks again to Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley for presenting the latest Airway Registry and penning the subsequent discussion points below.) To RSI or not to RSI, that is the question… It’s foul weather, near zero degrees and torrential rain, it’s night, … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure
Dr Haney Mallemat – an amazing critical care educator and the cuddliest RAGE podcaster – offers some tips here for beginners, but we think even seasoned retrievalists might pick up a tip or two they hadn’t thought of: The … Continue reading
This practical workshop is part of the Sydney HEMS Team Induction Training, and is one component of a learning program that also includes online preparatory material, simulation, a multi-station formal team objective structured practical assessment (also called ‘the exam’), and … Continue reading
Induction Training for new HEMS Team members includes a procedure lab for life, limb and sight saving procedures. Here’s an excerpt from a session on clamshell thoracotomy by Dr Geoff Healy
Model and pig cricothyroidotomy practice at Sydney HEMS Induction 2015 demonstrating the approach: DECISION, INCISION, FINGER, BOUGIE, TUBE, CUFF, ETCO2 by Cliff Reid and Karel Habig
This 24 minute airway lecture from a recent conference is delivered by Dr Clare Hayes-Bradley, consultant in prehospital & retrieval medicine with Sydney HEMS. Retrieval & trauma updates for rural providers: Can’t intubate/oxygenate – help is not nearby