- RT @Sophie_Shand: @WAAMBMEDIC @cliffreid This paper details how we've implemented the Retrieval Transfusion Procedure for ambulance service… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Great team flow tonight. Many paramedics working on the one patient, all busy, all adding value. Reversing impending multi… 4 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Fantastic talk on high performance by HEMS doc @nathantrist with his friend & international rugby star @bernardfoley Resus… 1 week ago
- RT @TacTrauma: A few years old but a very good intro to prehospital penetrating trauma. From @SydneyHEMS @cliffreid @karelhabig @drgeoffhea… 1 week ago
- When professional Australian Rugby and Sydney HEMS team up to discuss High Performance there are many shared insigh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: procedures
(Thanks again to Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley for presenting the latest Airway Registry and penning the subsequent discussion points below.) To RSI or not to RSI, that is the question… It’s foul weather, near zero degrees and torrential rain, it’s night, … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure
Dr Haney Mallemat – an amazing critical care educator and the cuddliest RAGE podcaster – offers some tips here for beginners, but we think even seasoned retrievalists might pick up a tip or two they hadn’t thought of: The … Continue reading
This practical workshop is part of the Sydney HEMS Team Induction Training, and is one component of a learning program that also includes online preparatory material, simulation, a multi-station formal team objective structured practical assessment (also called ‘the exam’), and … Continue reading
Induction Training for new HEMS Team members includes a procedure lab for life, limb and sight saving procedures. Here’s an excerpt from a session on clamshell thoracotomy by Dr Geoff Healy
Model and pig cricothyroidotomy practice at Sydney HEMS Induction 2015 demonstrating the approach: DECISION, INCISION, FINGER, BOUGIE, TUBE, CUFF, ETCO2 by Cliff Reid and Karel Habig
This 24 minute airway lecture from a recent conference is delivered by Dr Clare Hayes-Bradley, consultant in prehospital & retrieval medicine with Sydney HEMS. Retrieval & trauma updates for rural providers: Can’t intubate/oxygenate – help is not nearby