- Modified COVID RSI checklist - simultaneous activity - CCP completes the green outside, Doc the red inside, Red tea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Curious what we are up to at Sydney Hems? Here is a glimpse on our website. Busily training our teams and planning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Question - in patients with COVID pneumonia is there a need for in-line suctioning in the initial post intubation p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @docjmaga: Some hindsight from a HEMS/Retrieval and EMS coordinator physician from northern Italy that I hope will be useful: ICU manage… 2 weeks ago
- What a great team! twitter.com/tollambulance/… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: procedures
(Thanks again to Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley for presenting the latest Airway Registry and penning the subsequent discussion points below.) To RSI or not to RSI, that is the question… It’s foul weather, near zero degrees and torrential rain, it’s night, … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure
Dr Haney Mallemat – an amazing critical care educator and the cuddliest RAGE podcaster – offers some tips here for beginners, but we think even seasoned retrievalists might pick up a tip or two they hadn’t thought of: The … Continue reading
This practical workshop is part of the Sydney HEMS Team Induction Training, and is one component of a learning program that also includes online preparatory material, simulation, a multi-station formal team objective structured practical assessment (also called ‘the exam’), and … Continue reading
Induction Training for new HEMS Team members includes a procedure lab for life, limb and sight saving procedures. Here’s an excerpt from a session on clamshell thoracotomy by Dr Geoff Healy