- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: Learn from excellence twitter.com/sydneyhems/sta… 8 hours ago
- AiR – Learning from the Airway Registry (May 2019) sydneyhems.com/2019/05/21/air… https://t.co/n2k7hGcd1M 1 day ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Jake, our paramedic from Newcastle, picked up this poor guy who was lost and roaming the streets. Before finding his owne… 1 month ago
- There’s a #SMACCSimIt video showing highlights of our sim program in the EduHub #SMACC. Thank you for the opportuni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @karma51136096: SMACC 2019 🚁 https://t.co/R7QPE9bzx9 1 month ago
Tag Archives: procedures
(Thanks again to Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley for presenting the latest Airway Registry and penning the subsequent discussion points below.) To RSI or not to RSI, that is the question… It’s foul weather, near zero degrees and torrential rain, it’s night, … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure
Dr Haney Mallemat – an amazing critical care educator and the cuddliest RAGE podcaster – offers some tips here for beginners, but we think even seasoned retrievalists might pick up a tip or two they hadn’t thought of: The … Continue reading
This practical workshop is part of the Sydney HEMS Team Induction Training, and is one component of a learning program that also includes online preparatory material, simulation, a multi-station formal team objective structured practical assessment (also called ‘the exam’), and … Continue reading
Induction Training for new HEMS Team members includes a procedure lab for life, limb and sight saving procedures. Here’s an excerpt from a session on clamshell thoracotomy by Dr Geoff Healy