- RT @Sophie_Shand: @WAAMBMEDIC @cliffreid This paper details how we've implemented the Retrieval Transfusion Procedure for ambulance service… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Great team flow tonight. Many paramedics working on the one patient, all busy, all adding value. Reversing impending multi… 4 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Fantastic talk on high performance by HEMS doc @nathantrist with his friend & international rugby star @bernardfoley Resus… 1 week ago
- RT @TacTrauma: A few years old but a very good intro to prehospital penetrating trauma. From @SydneyHEMS @cliffreid @karelhabig @drgeoffhea… 1 week ago
- When professional Australian Rugby and Sydney HEMS team up to discuss High Performance there are many shared insigh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Prehospital
At the HEMS Education Day on 30th May 2018, we had two great presentations on regional anaesthesia from guest speakers Andrew Lansdown and Ananth Kumar. Ex-Sydney HEMS registrar and current consultant anaesthetist Andrew Lansdown gave us an excellent presentation on … Continue reading
Our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016 was an introductory discussion about the why, who, and how of tactical medicine. Out of this came a recognition of the importance of this knowledge base and skill set not only for … Continue reading
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
At our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016, Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley presented cases and lessons learned from our April Airway Registry. Thank you to her for the presentation and the pearls below which shed light on our airway practice. … Continue reading
At our recent Clinical Governance Day (4/5/16) we were honored to have in attendance three experts who have dedicated their careers to the care of the burned patient. A cornucopia of pearls for prehospital and retrieval management were presented. The … Continue reading
Our RSI checklist is performed in a challenge-response fashion. The clinician who established the equipment set-up reads, while the other clinician checks and responds. Any discussion, such as difficult laryngoscopy plan, briefing the individual who is immobilising the neck, and … Continue reading
Drowning is an all too common cause of morbidity and death, particularly in a region as rich in water activities as New South Wales. Providers of prehospital critical care should seek to master drowning management, as it is one of … Continue reading
In this 28 minute audio podcast recorded at the SMACC conference in 2013 Sydney HEMS physician Dr Brian Burns talks about being prepared for life, limb & sight saving procedures in the prehospital environment. http://traffic.libsyn.com/smacc2013/know-your-weapons-burns.mp3 You can download the podcast by right-clicking here Here … Continue reading
In this 30 minute audio podcast recorded at the SMACC conference in 2013 Sydney HEMS physician Dr Alex Tzannes outlines what’s new in the prehospital & retrieval medicine literature, and busts some myths along the way. http://traffic.libsyn.com/smacc2013/smacc-year-in-review-tzannes.mp3 You can download … Continue reading