- RT @PBSherren: Interhospital severe respiratory failure retrieval utilising Sedaconda for volatile anaesthesia delivery and scavenging with… 2 weeks ago
- RT @A_Joshi5: For me this is as complex as it gets in retrieval medicine. VA ECMO, COVID, & multi organ failure in the back of a helicopter… 2 weeks ago
- Intensive Care Paramedic, Harry Reeves, presents shares his insights into the management of patients in the EVIDENC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: Seven & a half years ago John Hinds knocked everyone's socks off with Crack the Chest Get Crucified in Chicago Remembering… 1 month ago
- RT @tollambulance: As we close in on the final weeks of December (only 11 days to go 😲) we wanted to reflect on what a year it has been and… 1 month ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Prehospital
The Paramedic experience of managing patients included in the EVIDENCE Trial. This post was written by Dr Shannon Townsend, HEMS registrar. The ACE Training Centre recently hosted the 2022 NSW Ambulance Out-Of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Symposium, with the theme of the … Continue reading
At the HEMS Education Day on 30th May 2018, we had two great presentations on regional anaesthesia from guest speakers Andrew Lansdown and Ananth Kumar. Ex-Sydney HEMS registrar and current consultant anaesthetist Andrew Lansdown gave us an excellent presentation on … Continue reading
Our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016 was an introductory discussion about the why, who, and how of tactical medicine. Out of this came a recognition of the importance of this knowledge base and skill set not only for … Continue reading
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
At our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016, Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley presented cases and lessons learned from our April Airway Registry. Thank you to her for the presentation and the pearls below which shed light on our airway practice. … Continue reading
At our recent Clinical Governance Day (4/5/16) we were honored to have in attendance three experts who have dedicated their careers to the care of the burned patient. A cornucopia of pearls for prehospital and retrieval management were presented. The … Continue reading
Our RSI checklist is performed in a challenge-response fashion. The clinician who established the equipment set-up reads, while the other clinician checks and responds. Any discussion, such as difficult laryngoscopy plan, briefing the individual who is immobilising the neck, and … Continue reading
Drowning is an all too common cause of morbidity and death, particularly in a region as rich in water activities as New South Wales. Providers of prehospital critical care should seek to master drowning management, as it is one of … Continue reading