- RT @tollambulance: The absolute safety of our crew and patients is paramount. Our mission preparation checks is the final checklist before… 4 days ago
- Institute of Trauma & Injury Management (ITIM) Trauma Education Evening sydneyhems.com/2018/06/13/ins… 5 days ago
- Great education day on prehospital/retrieval regional anaesthesia thanks to @TheLansdowns @robjjscott Dr Ananth Kum… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @wildernessmd: Working with the brilliant @NSWAmbulance #PHARM Flight Nurses topping up thoracic trauma knowledge & current practices. @… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ANZCP: Confirmed presenters for ANZCP 2018 Sydney: @ben_meadley, Nick Roder, Belinda Flanagan, @cliffreid, Dr Tony Smith, @_NMay , A/P… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Prehospital
At the HEMS Education Day on 30th May 2018, we had two great presentations on regional anaesthesia from guest speakers Andrew Lansdown and Ananth Kumar. Ex-Sydney HEMS registrar and current consultant anaesthetist Andrew Lansdown gave us an excellent presentation on … Continue reading
Our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016 was an introductory discussion about the why, who, and how of tactical medicine. Out of this came a recognition of the importance of this knowledge base and skill set not only for … Continue reading
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
At our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016, Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley presented cases and lessons learned from our April Airway Registry. Thank you to her for the presentation and the pearls below which shed light on our airway practice. … Continue reading
At our recent Clinical Governance Day (4/5/16) we were honored to have in attendance three experts who have dedicated their careers to the care of the burned patient. A cornucopia of pearls for prehospital and retrieval management were presented. The … Continue reading
Our RSI checklist is performed in a challenge-response fashion. The clinician who established the equipment set-up reads, while the other clinician checks and responds. Any discussion, such as difficult laryngoscopy plan, briefing the individual who is immobilising the neck, and … Continue reading