- If you ever needed a reason to refresh your CPR knowledge and have a defibrillator close to hand - skills and simpl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @JaceMullen: Probably is old hat for many, but for those of us without RSI, or for anyone who is doing “cold intubations” without medica… 4 weeks ago
- RT @tollambulance: "An angel dropped out of the sky and landed beside me. I had been hiking in the blue Mountains when I stumbled into some… 1 month ago
- RT @tollambulance: Toll and @NSWAmbulance continued their tradition of visiting Bear Cottage Children's Hospice in Sydney, delivering Chris… 1 month ago
- Kite surfing review as we enter the summer season https://t.co/nE4BMoz3Xa 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Prehospital
At the HEMS Education Day on 30th May 2018, we had two great presentations on regional anaesthesia from guest speakers Andrew Lansdown and Ananth Kumar. Ex-Sydney HEMS registrar and current consultant anaesthetist Andrew Lansdown gave us an excellent presentation on … Continue reading
Our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016 was an introductory discussion about the why, who, and how of tactical medicine. Out of this came a recognition of the importance of this knowledge base and skill set not only for … Continue reading
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
At our Clinical Governance Day on 15 June 2016, Dr. Clare Hayes-Bradley presented cases and lessons learned from our April Airway Registry. Thank you to her for the presentation and the pearls below which shed light on our airway practice. … Continue reading
At our recent Clinical Governance Day (4/5/16) we were honored to have in attendance three experts who have dedicated their careers to the care of the burned patient. A cornucopia of pearls for prehospital and retrieval management were presented. The … Continue reading
Our RSI checklist is performed in a challenge-response fashion. The clinician who established the equipment set-up reads, while the other clinician checks and responds. Any discussion, such as difficult laryngoscopy plan, briefing the individual who is immobilising the neck, and … Continue reading