- RT @drbear13: I advocate using tools other than high technology manikins to create a more realistic interaction for your participants - use… 4 days ago
- RT @EM_Jennn: Fun with the #escharotomy model we made from @SydneyHEMS online tutorial. twitter.com/MeffMD/status/… 6 days ago
- Escharotomy man bleeding today at #SydneyHEMSInduction #SydHEMSTraining sydneyhems.com/2014/11/18/esc… @EM_Jennn https://t.co/wOJl2vvlRC 6 days ago
- Great timing! We taught escharotomy on our induction course today. twitter.com/EM_Jennn/statu… 6 days ago
- RT @resuscitology: In major maxillo-facial trauma, bag-mask ventilation can displace facial fractures and worsen subcutaneous emphysema, pn… 6 days ago
Category Archives: Podcasts
Drs Natalie May, Geoff Healy, and Cliff Reid discuss missions in which the prehospital medical team is diverted to a hospital because their patient has been moved from scene to a (non-major) hospital. While one might expect these missions to … Continue reading
In this 25 minute podcast Dr Cliff Reid talks with Cameron Edgar, a senior helicopter critical care paramedic. Cameron has been a paramedic for 23 years, qualifying as an intensive care paramedic, then a special casualty access team paramedic, and then … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
In this podcast, Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to do a prehospital primary survey Reference: Ware S, Reid C, Burns BJ, Habig K. Helicopter emergency medical service registrars do not comprehensively document primary surveys. European Journal … Continue reading