- RT @NSWAmbulance: Checking on a workmate, loved one or friend can make all the difference to someone struggling with mental health. Ask #RU… 1 day ago
- RT @imccann1: Super cool! 3 mins of preox from @SydneyHEMS sydneyhems.com/2017/09/11/3-m… 1 day ago
- RT @drbear13: Discussing bariatric care via Skype @SydneyHEMS Education day https://t.co/Tb2CGIcRXG 1 day ago
- RT @RAGEpodcast: Tweet your suggestions for discussion topics in the next RAGE 'special edition' long conversation podcast similar to https… 4 days ago
- HEMS Education Day Wed 20th Sept 2017 Focus on bariatric critical care & transport Guest speaker @DavidBarbic sydneyhems.com/2017/09/13/867… 1 week ago
Category Archives: Podcasts
In this 25 minute podcast Dr Cliff Reid talks with Cameron Edgar, a senior helicopter critical care paramedic. Cameron has been a paramedic for 23 years, qualifying as an intensive care paramedic, then a special casualty access team paramedic, and then … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
In this podcast, Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to do a prehospital primary survey Reference: Ware S, Reid C, Burns BJ, Habig K. Helicopter emergency medical service registrars do not comprehensively document primary surveys. European Journal … Continue reading