- RT @Obidoc: Love these guys, great work! Clear, concise & logical thought processes @SydneyHEMS @karelhabig https://t.co/wj6tYUDCiI 6 days ago
- RT @karelhabig: #SydneyHEMS Emergency Action Cards are used to troubleshoot unexpected clinical issues. Feel free to use or adapt! https://… 6 days ago
- RT @kmaximous: Thank you @SydneyHEMS for being so welcoming.. Had a great day and loved the bbq 🌭..!! #alwayslearning https://t.co/D3qJvZBM… 6 days ago
- RT @ketaminh: Stress inoculation @SydneyHEMS style .Dr Coombs challenging the inductee "it wasn't stressful until HEMS arrived" https://t.… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Fellsimon: Gr8 Podcasts, definitely worth a listen - Greater Sydney Area HEMS by Sydney HEMS Team & Friends. Thanks @cliffreid https:/… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Podcasts
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to minimise prehospital scene time while providing meaningful interventions.
Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss the approach to patients with hypoxia and obstructed airways, prior to rapid sequence induction. This is all about effective basic airway management.
In this podcast, Cliff Reid, Karel Habig, and Geoff Healy discuss how to do a prehospital primary survey Reference: Ware S, Reid C, Burns BJ, Habig K. Helicopter emergency medical service registrars do not comprehensively document primary surveys. European Journal … Continue reading
“Don’t train and prepare until you get it right. Train and prepare until you can’t get it wrong.” Sydney HEMS is proud to be given permission to share Michael Lauria‘s talk on Cognition and Decision Making Under Stress. Training in … Continue reading
One of our own Sydney HEMS physicians is an extreme environment and mountain medicine expert – Dr Yashvi Wilamasena. Yash, as he is known to his mates, plans to reach the summit of Everest in the near future. In preparation … Continue reading
In this 28 minute audio podcast recorded at the SMACC conference in 2013 Sydney HEMS physician Dr Brian Burns talks about being prepared for life, limb & sight saving procedures in the prehospital environment. http://traffic.libsyn.com/smacc2013/know-your-weapons-burns.mp3 You can download the podcast by right-clicking here Here … Continue reading