- RT @AirwayMxAcademy: @dr_yesarek @ketaminh @jducanto @Obidoc @LeifRognas @SydneyHEMS @bobfunn @airwayGladiator @aboutanurse Yes double fun… 18 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: Glad to see someone was paying attention! @kmconnel78 this is an excellent summary of the @SydneyHEMS approach to prehospit… 18 hours ago
- RT @UCAirCareDoc: Amazing, inspiring talk this morning expertly delivered by @kmconnel78 on her top 10 takeaways from completing the world-… 18 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: Great thread summarising the @SydneyHEMS approach to prehospital resuscitation, gleaned by @kmconnel78 who did the induction… 18 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: The first published evaluation of @zeropointsurvey by @erin_donnelly1 & @EMManchester Thank you my friends for this import… 1 day ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Podcasts
In this 30 minute audio podcast recorded at the SMACC conference in 2013 Sydney HEMS physician Dr Alex Tzannes outlines what’s new in the prehospital & retrieval medicine literature, and busts some myths along the way. http://traffic.libsyn.com/smacc2013/smacc-year-in-review-tzannes.mp3 You can download … Continue reading
In this 25 minute audio podcast recorded at the SMACC conference in 2013 Sydney HEMS physician Dr Karel Habig talks about reducing (and trapping) error in retrieval medicine, and whether we can really apply lessons from aviation to our complex … Continue reading
Sydney HEMS physician Dr Brian Burns talks about the prehospital care of trauma in this 20 minute audio podcast recorded at SMACC 2013 http://traffic.libsyn.com/smacc2013/trauma-concurrent-burns.mp3 You can download the podcast by right-clicking here Here are the accompanying slides: Further talks from … Continue reading
One of the toughest aspects of prehospital & retrieval medicine is managing the environment and people around you. In this 25 minute audio podcast recorded at the SMACC conference in 2013 Sydney HEMS physician Dr Cliff Reid talks about some … Continue reading
Here we discuss how to retrieve patients with neurological and neurosurgical emergencies. We present a case of a young male with subarachnoid haemorrhage, and discuss how we can optimise neuroprotection by considering the needs of a healthily functioning neuron. The … Continue reading
This third podcast provides an overview of our approach to the assessment of a critical care patient that we’re going to move from one site to another. It covers the ABCDE assessment of a ventilated patient. For further information on … Continue reading
This second podcast gives a rapid overview of the approach to a patient trapped in a vehicle. This is explored further in the Virtual Learning Environment Module on Prehospital Scene Management and in the induction course. Concepts covered include: The … Continue reading
Podcasts will be available for new and prospective GSA-HEMS team members to access. The first, introductory podcast is a five-minute overview of our service.