This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @cliffreid: #FOAMeoke with @_NMay @AlanLaverty @Sineadnib - appropriate send off for 3 great @SydneyHEMS registrars #ThankYou #Indebted… 4 days ago
- Final day of HEMS Team Induction for our new registrars. Life, limb & sight saving procedure tests today, exam cond… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @gareth_grier: @PerformanceLDN @NHSBartsHealth For anyone who deals with emergencies, in any environment. Lots of athlete interest too!!… 6 days ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: Delighted to welcome Dutch research elective student @floris_oud to @tollambulance base today to commence with @SydneyHEMS 6 days ago
- Inspired by @drbear13 in Seeing Is Believing #allaboutwomen sydneyhems.com/2017/02/13/see… https://t.co/cUrBB9OBpF 1 week ago