This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @tollambulance: The absolute safety of our crew and patients is paramount. Our mission preparation checks is the final checklist before… 4 days ago
- Institute of Trauma & Injury Management (ITIM) Trauma Education Evening sydneyhems.com/2018/06/13/ins… 5 days ago
- Great education day on prehospital/retrieval regional anaesthesia thanks to @TheLansdowns @robjjscott Dr Ananth Kum… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @wildernessmd: Working with the brilliant @NSWAmbulance #PHARM Flight Nurses topping up thoracic trauma knowledge & current practices. @… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ANZCP: Confirmed presenters for ANZCP 2018 Sydney: @ben_meadley, Nick Roder, Belinda Flanagan, @cliffreid, Dr Tony Smith, @_NMay , A/P… 3 weeks ago