This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @Sophie_Shand: @WAAMBMEDIC @cliffreid This paper details how we've implemented the Retrieval Transfusion Procedure for ambulance service… 14 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: Great team flow tonight. Many paramedics working on the one patient, all busy, all adding value. Reversing impending multi… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Fantastic talk on high performance by HEMS doc @nathantrist with his friend & international rugby star @bernardfoley Resus… 1 week ago
- RT @TacTrauma: A few years old but a very good intro to prehospital penetrating trauma. From @SydneyHEMS @cliffreid @karelhabig @drgeoffhea… 1 week ago
- When professional Australian Rugby and Sydney HEMS team up to discuss High Performance there are many shared insigh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.