This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @docvlok: Traumatic arrest mx does NOT involve CPR and pressors. Credit to @SydneyHEMS. @HALO_Aviation @EMtrauma #FOAMed https://t.co/pC… 4 days ago
- RT @OHagstrm: Surgical airway repetition this morning, according to @SydneyHEMS protocol #ems #FOAMed #ensihoito https://t.co/GV4jKntXTw 4 days ago
- Taking oudoors education indoors from #smaccDUB by @_NMay smacc.net.au/2016/12/taking… 1 month ago
- RT @YashviW: The totally awesome @drbear13 in action today #HEMS #SydneyHems @SydneyHEMS https://t.co/UfmztgonX6 1 month ago
- RT @cliffreid: Missed @SydneyHEMS ECMO day because of balloon pump training. Feel like I got in a time machine and pushed the lever in the… 1 month ago