- Cheers 2 @AirAmbulanceNI - great to see after our friend @DocJohnHinds campaigned so hard for NI HEMS. Plans to ado… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @thomas1973: @zeering_road @medicalaxioms @pash22 @BenMazer That's how @SydneyHEMS works: pos+open: If offering s/t new:"That sounds int… 2 days ago
- RT @TheResusRoom: @jackcarlwatson @ultra365tribe @PHEM_cast, @RAGEpodcast & @SydneyHEMS are all great 4 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Sydney HEMS registrar posts advertised with @NSWAmbulance nswjmo.erecruit.com.au/ViewPosition.a… I don't recruit, I just train the successf… 6 days ago
- RT @jonmcck: Not long till I’m trading my seat in @scotambhelimed5 for a seat in the @GLA_Airport @emirates to meet the @SydneyHEMS team #a… 6 days ago
Author Archives: Cliff Reid
In this 25 minute podcast Dr Cliff Reid talks with Cameron Edgar, a senior helicopter critical care paramedic. Cameron has been a paramedic for 23 years, qualifying as an intensive care paramedic, then a special casualty access team paramedic, and then … Continue reading
Karel Habig rigged up a SALAD simulator (Suction Assisted Laryngoscopy and Airway Decontamination – the brainchild of Airway Master Educator Jim DuCanto) and ran a vomit-control workshop at our recent HEMS Education Day. Here are the learning points as summarised … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
The NSW Aeromedical Retrieval Service would like to welcome you to our first Education Day for 2017 this Wednesday 8th March. This will be a regular event every 4 weeks and we would love to see a wide and varied … Continue reading
Our Sydney HEMS specialist Clare Richmond is one of the brilliant women in this video who inspire the next generation of authors, marine biologists, and HEMS physicians. The video was made for Sydney Opera House’s flagship All About Women festival.