- RT @Paul72309704: @ResusPadawan @AMPAdocs @LDNairamb @SydneyHEMS @ATACCGroup @FLTDOC1 @HaldenHB @DarrenBraude Do you have an example of wha… 1 week ago
- Thanks @benabo for the drowning update! Come and see us when you’re in Aus 🦈 ☀️ 🚁 2 weeks ago
- Great guest talks facilitated by @EBMgoneWILD today @WakeWildMed https://t.co/NAK5M1IkVA 2 weeks ago
- Kicking off education day with a presentation on #RePHILL by @DrNickCrombie, joining us to thrash out what the stud… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @wildernessmd: Glad to be part of this project. Case series of us initiating inhaled nitric oxide in covid respiratory failure (often a… 2 months ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: Cliff Reid
Here are slides from Dr David Gale’s two presentations given at the HEMS Education Day on 9 January 2019
In 2017 we upgraded our iSimulate system to the new REALITi system. This allows improved fidelity in simulation by accurately replicating our Zoll monitors. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to new and improved features, … Continue reading
This presentation by retrievalist/anaesthetist/intensivist Dr Clare Hayes-Bradley summarises recent Sydney HEMS research into optimal preoxygenation techniques prior to rapid sequence induction. References: 1. Hayes-Bradley C, Lewis A, Burns B, Miller M. Efficacy of Nasal Cannula Oxygen as a Preoxygenation Adjunct … Continue reading
In this 25 minute podcast Dr Cliff Reid talks with Cameron Edgar, a senior helicopter critical care paramedic. Cameron has been a paramedic for 23 years, qualifying as an intensive care paramedic, then a special casualty access team paramedic, and then … Continue reading
Karel Habig rigged up a SALAD simulator (Suction Assisted Laryngoscopy and Airway Decontamination – the brainchild of Airway Master Educator Jim DuCanto) and ran a vomit-control workshop at our recent HEMS Education Day. Here are the learning points as summarised … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
The NSW Aeromedical Retrieval Service would like to welcome you to our first Education Day for 2017 this Wednesday 8th March. This will be a regular event every 4 weeks and we would love to see a wide and varied … Continue reading
Our Sydney HEMS specialist Clare Richmond is one of the brilliant women in this video who inspire the next generation of authors, marine biologists, and HEMS physicians. The video was made for Sydney Opera House’s flagship All About Women festival.