- If you ever needed a reason to refresh your CPR knowledge and have a defibrillator close to hand - skills and simpl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @JaceMullen: Probably is old hat for many, but for those of us without RSI, or for anyone who is doing “cold intubations” without medica… 4 weeks ago
- RT @tollambulance: "An angel dropped out of the sky and landed beside me. I had been hiking in the blue Mountains when I stumbled into some… 1 month ago
- RT @tollambulance: Toll and @NSWAmbulance continued their tradition of visiting Bear Cottage Children's Hospice in Sydney, delivering Chris… 1 month ago
- Kite surfing review as we enter the summer season https://t.co/nE4BMoz3Xa 1 month ago
Tag Archives: equipment
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
Once a month, the structured reviews of all of our intubation attempts are presented at a Clinical Governance Day. Common themes and specific finer points are brought forward in an effort to improve our performance as a group. Below are … Continue reading
We may come across patients with Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs), either in the prehospital or interhospital setting. Prehospital & retrieval medicine practitioners should have a basic understanding of how they function, what can go wrong, and how to troubleshoot in emergencies. … Continue reading
As we continue to increase the number of ways to use our procedure lab day for training, Dr Geoff Healy demonstrates the effect of incremental PEEP on lung recruitment in a pig carcass at Sydney HEMS Induction Training … Continue reading
Dr Geoff Healy explains the use of the Ambu a-Scope 2 for flexible-optic intubation at HEMS Team Induction Training in Sydney.
Two dedicated devices for transtracheal oxygen delivery through a cricothyroidotomy needle are available, the ENK Oxygen Flow Modulator (ENK) and the Manujet. Both maintain oxygenation, but the ENK is thought to achieve better ventilation (as previously shown in a pig … Continue reading
A very comprehensive (hence the title of the paper) review of medications required for pre-hospital & retrieval medicine missions was undertaken, resulting in recommendations. While the casemix seen by various services may be influenced by local geography or tasking restrictions, … Continue reading