- RT @TheResusRoom: @jackcarlwatson @ultra365tribe @PHEM_cast, @RAGEpodcast & @SydneyHEMS are all great 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Sydney HEMS registrar posts advertised with @NSWAmbulance nswjmo.erecruit.com.au/ViewPosition.a… I don't recruit, I just train the successf… 3 days ago
- RT @jonmcck: Not long till I’m trading my seat in @scotambhelimed5 for a seat in the @GLA_Airport @emirates to meet the @SydneyHEMS team #a… 3 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: The mysterious brains behind @SydneyHEMS advanced airway system = @ClareHBradley taking one for the team here. https://t.co/… 6 days ago
- Our HEMS specialists @drbear13 and @HawkmoonHEMS will join @airwaycam at his unforgettable Sydney cadaveric airway… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
Category Archives: Tips
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
Here the references for articles quoted in the Airway Microskills Clinical Governance Day Use of Storz C-Mac® Khan RM, Haris A, Sharma P, Kaul N. Oxygenating patients during difficult videolaryngoscopy. Anaesthesia. 2015 Sep 15;70(10):1214–4 Masters J, Rope T. Suction tube-facilitated … Continue reading
Our monthly audit of airway cases held at our Clinical Governance Days seeks to improve identifies learning points at Clinical Governance days. Here are some key points from a recent Clinical Governance Day. Slip, slop, slap, slide and SEEK SHADE! The … Continue reading
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure