- RT @tollambulance: Every year, around 34,000 Australians and New Zealanders suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Today, we are taking par… 5 days ago
- We use these resources as part of the suite of training materials @SydneyHEMS for emergency medical procedures. twitter.com/nswaci/status/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @tollambulance: "I always throw her the ball while waiting for my wife to finish work at Moruya hospital, it was great to see the helico… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: Thursday: ED - setting up to intubate. DuCanto catheters now standard in Resus Friday: Retrieval - doing team pack checks.… 1 month ago
- So far, we’ve had retrieval docs, @NETSNSW docs, paramedics, a radiologist and a social worker on our programme tod… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Category Archives: Tips
‘The patient’s sats were 100% when I pushed the induction drugs. I thought the sats were fine as the pitch of the beeping from the monitor stayed the same, but when I looked back the patient had already started to … Continue reading
Intubations this month: 27 Airway Registry learning points reflect the challenges described and wisdom shared by Sydney HEMS personnel and guests at the Clinical Governance Airway Registry presentation for January 2018. Cases are discussed non-contemporaneously, anonymised and amalgamated over a … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
Here the references for articles quoted in the Airway Microskills Clinical Governance Day Use of Storz C-Mac® Khan RM, Haris A, Sharma P, Kaul N. Oxygenating patients during difficult videolaryngoscopy. Anaesthesia. 2015 Sep 15;70(10):1214–4 Masters J, Rope T. Suction tube-facilitated … Continue reading
Our monthly audit of airway cases held at our Clinical Governance Days seeks to improve identifies learning points at Clinical Governance days. Here are some key points from a recent Clinical Governance Day. Slip, slop, slap, slide and SEEK SHADE! The … Continue reading
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure
Dr Haney Mallemat – an amazing critical care educator and the cuddliest RAGE podcaster – offers some tips here for beginners, but we think even seasoned retrievalists might pick up a tip or two they hadn’t thought of: The … Continue reading
This practical workshop is part of the Sydney HEMS Team Induction Training, and is one component of a learning program that also includes online preparatory material, simulation, a multi-station formal team objective structured practical assessment (also called ‘the exam’), and … Continue reading