- RT @_NMay: Talk about #ECMORetrieval by @simonhendel at @anzcawa #BunkerBay #RuralConference. Similar experiences in Retrieval Victoria fro… 2 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: The serene view our mates from @SydneyHEMS have of the brand new Northern Beaches Hospital this weekend belies the huge am… 2 weeks ago
- RT @elmsy1664: We are recruiting! @EHAAT_ are looking for the next members to join our pre-hospital care team. We will support you through… 3 weeks ago
- RT @jessahegedus: Clinical Governance Days at Sydney HEMS are a great opportunity to hear experienced prehospital clinicians discuss the ch… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tollambulance: We deliver exceptional critical care to communities in NSW and the ACT 24/7/365. With a highly-qualified and experienced… 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: Tips
Intubations this month: 27 Airway Registry learning points reflect the challenges described and wisdom shared by Sydney HEMS personnel and guests at the Clinical Governance Airway Registry presentation for January 2018. Cases are discussed non-contemporaneously, anonymised and amalgamated over a … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
Here the references for articles quoted in the Airway Microskills Clinical Governance Day Use of Storz C-Mac® Khan RM, Haris A, Sharma P, Kaul N. Oxygenating patients during difficult videolaryngoscopy. Anaesthesia. 2015 Sep 15;70(10):1214–4 Masters J, Rope T. Suction tube-facilitated … Continue reading
Our monthly audit of airway cases held at our Clinical Governance Days seeks to improve identifies learning points at Clinical Governance days. Here are some key points from a recent Clinical Governance Day. Slip, slop, slap, slide and SEEK SHADE! The … Continue reading
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure