- RT @ClareHBradley: Help please. How long do other retrieval services keep prefilled Rocuronium syringes out of the fridge? @drricha… 2 days ago
- RT @EMManchester: Top 10 Trauma Papers for Trauma UK conference. 2020-2021. No doubt COVID affected the number of clinical trials publishe… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: This weekend a #COVID press conference by the State Government included @HawkmoonHEMS outlining the response by State Retrie… 1 week ago
- RT @RFDS_CO_EGMMRS: Retrieval in full #COVID19 PPE is no joke. Eapecially over long haul. Keep up the great work @cliffreid, @SydneyHEMS an… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: Start of night shift personal kit checks. Our cognitive aids are unequivocal. https://t.co/3Evg6hqWoF 1 month ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Tips
Pre-hospital and retrieval medicine, with its high acuity patients, high adrenaline environment, noise levels, geographical challenges, and the unexpected nature of what each individual job can bring, creates an environment in which communication is critical; both in terms of communicating … Continue reading
‘The patient’s sats were 100% when I pushed the induction drugs. I thought the sats were fine as the pitch of the beeping from the monitor stayed the same, but when I looked back the patient had already started to … Continue reading
Intubations this month: 27 Airway Registry learning points reflect the challenges described and wisdom shared by Sydney HEMS personnel and guests at the Clinical Governance Airway Registry presentation for January 2018. Cases are discussed non-contemporaneously, anonymised and amalgamated over a … Continue reading
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
Here the references for articles quoted in the Airway Microskills Clinical Governance Day Use of Storz C-Mac® Khan RM, Haris A, Sharma P, Kaul N. Oxygenating patients during difficult videolaryngoscopy. Anaesthesia. 2015 Sep 15;70(10):1214–4 Masters J, Rope T. Suction tube-facilitated … Continue reading
Our monthly audit of airway cases held at our Clinical Governance Days seeks to improve identifies learning points at Clinical Governance days. Here are some key points from a recent Clinical Governance Day. Slip, slop, slap, slide and SEEK SHADE! The … Continue reading
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure