- RT @learnECMOteam: @intensiveblog @AlfredHealth Must be #ECMO CPR week! Just finished our insitu sim @SVHSydney with @SydneyHEMS and @NSWA… 2 days ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Checking on a workmate, loved one or friend can make all the difference to someone struggling with mental health. Ask #RU… 5 days ago
- RT @imccann1: Super cool! 3 mins of preox from @SydneyHEMS sydneyhems.com/2017/09/11/3-m… 5 days ago
- RT @drbear13: Discussing bariatric care via Skype @SydneyHEMS Education day https://t.co/Tb2CGIcRXG 5 days ago
- RT @RAGEpodcast: Tweet your suggestions for discussion topics in the next RAGE 'special edition' long conversation podcast similar to https… 1 week ago
Category Archives: Tips
Cliff Reid and Geoff Healy discuss challenges in prehospital intraosseous and intravenous access, covering how to avoid pitfalls and what their own individual practice preferences are in the prehospital and in-hospital settings (22 mins).
The inaugural HEMS Education Day was held in the ACE Training Centre. Here is an overview of points covered. Mission Oversight Cameron Edgar outlined the mission oversight process, its history, and the ways in which it has reduced risks of helicopter … Continue reading
Here the references for articles quoted in the Airway Microskills Clinical Governance Day Use of Storz C-Mac® Khan RM, Haris A, Sharma P, Kaul N. Oxygenating patients during difficult videolaryngoscopy. Anaesthesia. 2015 Sep 15;70(10):1214–4 Masters J, Rope T. Suction tube-facilitated … Continue reading
Our monthly audit of airway cases held at our Clinical Governance Days seeks to improve identifies learning points at Clinical Governance days. Here are some key points from a recent Clinical Governance Day. Slip, slop, slap, slide and SEEK SHADE! The … Continue reading
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure