- RT @thepasteurpoint: Is there a better way to spend the afternoon post nights? @SydneyHEMS pre-induction reading, a cold beer and stunning… 6 days ago
- Ever considered a retrieval registrar post? A position has just become available for an August start at the Capital… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @EBMgoneWILD: 6 hours of mandatory training used to make me cringe. Or bring my laptop to get other work done. But today, @cliffreid an… 1 week ago
- Happy to have @NswHeti ED trainees on the base today. Understanding prehospital RSI challenges with our team. https://t.co/n2Cg8zagub 1 week ago
- Heroic procedures aren’t really that heroic….considered, trained, mentally rehearsed, trained again.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: extremity
At the HEMS Education Day on 30th May 2018, we had two great presentations on regional anaesthesia from guest speakers Andrew Lansdown and Ananth Kumar. Ex-Sydney HEMS registrar and current consultant anaesthetist Andrew Lansdown gave us an excellent presentation on … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
British trauma surgeon and pre-hospital pioneer Professor Keith Porter describes how to do a pre-hospital amputation in this months EMJ. Thankfully the procedure is only rarely necessary and often only requires cutting remaining skin bridges with scissors. The indications are: … Continue reading