- RT @nswitim: @PeterWWalker @SydneyHEMS kastio.com/aci-pre-hospit… 6 days ago
- RT @nswitim: Pre-Hospital and Retrieval trauma interest you? Time for some virtual #FOAMed. Cerificate of attendance included. Educational,… 6 days ago
- Clinical Governance Day [CGD] – 14th April 2021 sydneyhems.com/2021/04/12/cli… 6 days ago
- We are excited to be holding an @nswitim PHRM Trauma night on April 21st in an online format. Please sign up using… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @cliffreid: Approach to Prehospital Simulation @SydneyHEMS - live actors - physiological fidelity using @i_simulate - clinical info fr… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading