- RT @cliffreid: This podcast with @FOAMfrat was so much fun - thanks again @christifulli88 and Team 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 🇺🇸 🇦🇺 🇬🇧 twitter.com/FOAMfrat/statu… 2 weeks ago
- Do you want to learn more about PHARM? This course is on offer through Sydney University twitter.com/HawkmoonHEMS/s… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cjmdenny: Not a bad commute... With thanks to @SydneyHEMS and in particular @drgeoffhealy for a brilliant observer shift with @tollamb… 3 weeks ago
- RT @expensivecare: Apparently it’s #WorldHelicopterDay. So I’m sharing some photos from my time as a PHaRM registrar with @SydneyHEMS 🚁 htt… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ConceptosUC: Por primera vez en Chile, el australiano de @Sydney_uni Dr. Brian Burns junto al equipo de @Resuscitology vienen a @Concep… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading