- RT @DobbieAnna: It’s out!! The advert for Physicians in Pre Hospital Care with London HEMS is now live! Looking forward to receiving your… 23 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: If you want a lesson on mindset and a demonstration of determination & resilience, read EM doctor Dinesh Palipana's book Str… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: We recorded this a while ago with the awesome @heavyhelmet but still valid if people want to hear more about @SydneyHEMS… 3 days ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: NSW Ambulance Cardiac Arrest Symposium 27th October 2022. In person and on-line. Registration details and programme by sc… 2 weeks ago
- RT @sezzzza: Westmead sure know how to put on a welcome! 🚁 🌈 @NETSNSW @tollambulance @westmeadkids https://t.co/gqXeYCl98O 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading