- RT @thepasteurpoint: Is there a better way to spend the afternoon post nights? @SydneyHEMS pre-induction reading, a cold beer and stunning… 1 week ago
- Ever considered a retrieval registrar post? A position has just become available for an August start at the Capital… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @EBMgoneWILD: 6 hours of mandatory training used to make me cringe. Or bring my laptop to get other work done. But today, @cliffreid an… 1 week ago
- Happy to have @NswHeti ED trainees on the base today. Understanding prehospital RSI challenges with our team. https://t.co/n2Cg8zagub 1 week ago
- Heroic procedures aren’t really that heroic….considered, trained, mentally rehearsed, trained again.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading