Tweets from SydneyHEMS
- RT @nattiejpk: Happy #IWD here is to having a seat at the table, no longer having to work as if we have no children and parenting as if we… 2 weeks ago
- RT @drbear13: This international women’s day I would like to appreciate the awesome women I get to work with in Aeromedicine in NSW. Every… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RFDSCO_EGMMRS: Great finger thoracostomy #FOAMed 3 min video from @SydneyHEMS #PHEM https://t.co/nVlixMMZWa 3 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: @cgraydoc @HumanFact0rz @First10EM Someone say airway, winched, crocodile and cliff in the same sentence? We’ll take it fro… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tollambulance: A Pilot's perspective on a recent mission to Belmore Falls. "You feel the sense of confinement up against the waterfal… 1 month ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Posted in Tips, training Tagged procedures, thoracostomy, Trauma 2 Comments
Thoracostomy in blunt traumatic arrest
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading
Posted in General PH&RM Tagged ACLS, arrest, ATLS, blunt, HEMS, thoracic, thoracostomy Leave a comment