- Welcoming our new registrars into the team with a socially-distanced photo. This is the closest we’ve been in two w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @cliffreid: The @drgeoffhealy approach to scaffolding https://t.co/7wWlbNAUTk 2 days ago
- RT @tollambulance: It's not often that you get 27 @NSWAmbulance Pre Hospital Retrieval Consultants together in one place. A strategy planni… 3 days ago
- RT @drbear13: This is a beautiful example of teamwork @SydneyHEMS - coronavirus edition of medical team training! https://t.co/n8GEEZrTIK 4 days ago
- RT @chrispartyka: You can't teach prehospital #POCUS in the classroom. Today the STORM Course moved outdoors to appreciate the unique envir… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading