- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: Learn from excellence twitter.com/SydneyHEMS/sta… 3 weeks ago
- AiR – Learning from the Airway Registry (May 2019) sydneyhems.com/2019/05/21/air… https://t.co/n2k7hGcd1M 4 weeks ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Jake, our paramedic from Newcastle, picked up this poor guy who was lost and roaming the streets. Before finding his owne… 2 months ago
- There’s a #SMACCSimIt video showing highlights of our sim program in the EduHub #SMACC. Thank you for the opportuni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @karma51136096: SMACC 2019 🚁 https://t.co/R7QPE9bzx9 2 months ago
Tag Archives: thoracostomy
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
37 patients with blunt traumatic cardiac arrest underwent attempted resuscitation by a HEMS crew over a four year period. Chest decompression was performed in 18 cases (17 thoracostomy, one needle decompression). The procedure revealed evidence of chest injury in 10 … Continue reading