- RT @ClareHBradley: Help please. How long do other retrieval services keep prefilled Rocuronium syringes out of the fridge? @drricha… 2 days ago
- RT @EMManchester: Top 10 Trauma Papers for Trauma UK conference. 2020-2021. No doubt COVID affected the number of clinical trials publishe… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: This weekend a #COVID press conference by the State Government included @HawkmoonHEMS outlining the response by State Retrie… 1 week ago
- RT @RFDS_CO_EGMMRS: Retrieval in full #COVID19 PPE is no joke. Eapecially over long haul. Keep up the great work @cliffreid, @SydneyHEMS an… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cliffreid: Start of night shift personal kit checks. Our cognitive aids are unequivocal. https://t.co/3Evg6hqWoF 1 month ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Trauma
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Induction Training for new HEMS Team members includes a procedure lab for life, limb and sight saving procedures. Here’s an excerpt from a session on clamshell thoracotomy by Dr Geoff Healy
Tips on the dos and don’ts of handover at the trauma centre for a HEMS patient by Dr Karel Habig
Dr Geoff Healy explains the prehospital management of maxillofacial haemorrhage at HEMS Team Induction Training in Sydney.
This 22 minute talk by Sydney HEMS consultant Dr Oran Rigby was delivered at a recent rural medicine conference Cutting the edge of the trauma void
This 22 minute talk by Dr Karel Habig was delivered at a recent rural medicine conference Essential components of pre-retrieval trauma care
AKA ‘The Matt Ward Show’ There was a really great turnout for a jam-packed Clinical Governance Day with a series of great presentations. It was clear that everyone involved in presenting had put a great deal of time and effort … Continue reading
Fascinating talk on the development of this resuscitative technology by Dr Jim Manning who appeared in person at our Clinical Governance Day. For further information check out EMCrit Podcast Episode 123
A high fidelity simulation in the AW 139 aircraft. The lead -in 15-year-old male with a stab wound Scene The initial assessment was performed at a scene outside pub. The patient A – Patent B – RR 32, sats 96% … Continue reading
All of the attendees at this CGD were treated to a brilliant post-smaccGOLD desert, with an incredible guest speaker, a statistical review of one of the most important publications of the year, a fierce SIMWARS battle, and answers to the … Continue reading