- Inspiring talk from Mark Newcombe of @developingem at todays education day about indigenous health. Past talks fro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @Ponder_Med: Trying to soak up every single moment of this job @SydneyHEMS https://t.co/S0NFpj9bKX 6 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Cardiac arrest airway management issue: How a LUCAS mechanical CPR device can move the hinged screen of a CMAC Videolaryngo… 1 week ago
- RT @PBSherren: Interhospital severe respiratory failure retrieval utilising Sedaconda for volatile anaesthesia delivery and scavenging with… 3 weeks ago
- RT @A_Joshi5: For me this is as complex as it gets in retrieval medicine. VA ECMO, COVID, & multi organ failure in the back of a helicopter… 3 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: rescue
An hour long exploration of motor crash management principles by Retrieval specialist Dr Geoff Healy
This presentation was given at the Retrieval 2014 conference in Glasgow.
We started off the new term with a series of interesting presentations based around the theme of drowning and water rescue. Inland Water Rescue in the UK Thanks to the wonders of the internet, Matt Ward, Head of Clinical Practice at … Continue reading
GSA-HEMS consultants and paramedics are deployed as part of the New South Wales Urban Search & Rescue Task Force. Although registrars are not deployed as part of this team, working in prehospital care requires preparation for work in disaster zones, … Continue reading
Avalanche burial has a high mortality and yet in some cases there have been some amazing saves despite prolonged cardiac arrest. An international working group undertook a systematic review to examine 4 critical prognostic factors for burial victims in cardiac … Continue reading
Using a sophisticated infrared six camera motion capture system, investigators demonstrated decreased cervical spine movement when collared volunteers self-extricated from a mock smashed up Toyota Corolla, when compared with extrication by paramedics using a backboard. The authors conclude that in … Continue reading