- RT @Sophie_Shand: @WAAMBMEDIC @cliffreid This paper details how we've implemented the Retrieval Transfusion Procedure for ambulance service… 2 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Great team flow tonight. Many paramedics working on the one patient, all busy, all adding value. Reversing impending multi… 4 days ago
- RT @cliffreid: Fantastic talk on high performance by HEMS doc @nathantrist with his friend & international rugby star @bernardfoley Resus… 1 week ago
- RT @TacTrauma: A few years old but a very good intro to prehospital penetrating trauma. From @SydneyHEMS @cliffreid @karelhabig @drgeoffhea… 1 week ago
- When professional Australian Rugby and Sydney HEMS team up to discuss High Performance there are many shared insigh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: Edward Burns
To make your own escharotomy training model, you will need: 1. A thick foam yoga mat (red or pink). This one was $10 from K-Mart. 2. A roll of Cling Film (Glad Wrap). 3. A roll of thin packing foam — the sort … Continue reading
Here is the flyer for next week’s Clinical Governance Day. Please note that as the training building is currently being refurbished, the CGD will instead be held in the conference room in the main office building (“The Castle”).
Inspired by Roger Harris and Craig Hore’s escharotomy training video, we have created our own escharotomy model for HEMS physician training. Our model is based on Roger Harris’ original design with a few minor modifications. With the exception of the arterial line … Continue reading
Have a look at these three short videos… Taken on a recent Sydney HEMS mission. Can you guess the diagnosis?? NB. Art line trace is in yellow, SaO2 in blue. Post your answers below. First correct answer wins a crate of beer … Continue reading
Here is the programme for next week’s CGD. We have a toxicology theme this week, so brush up on your tox knowledge with these poisonous resources: The Toxicology Conundrum Series from LITFL Massive Propranolol Overdose Agitated Delirium Verapamil Overdose Corrosive Ingestion Overview … Continue reading
Ultrasound Workshop – The FALLS Protocol Massive thanks to our guest speaker Dr Chris Partyka from The Blunt Dissection for delivering an excellent workshop on critical care ultrasound! The content from his workshop, including the FALLS protocol for undifferentiated shock, … Continue reading
The programme for next week’s CGD is as follows: Afternoon education workshops will include: Updates in Ultrasound – A hands-on refresher session on eFAST, RUSH and basic echo with special guest Dr Chris Partyka (Ultrasound Registrar at Liverpool Hospital, EM … Continue reading
This week’s CGD will focus on the exsanguinating patient, covering topics such as tamponade of massive haemorrhage and correction of coagulopathy. Scheduled sessions include: Winched From The Top – An audit of our recent winch rescues Tic Tactics – A review of … Continue reading