The programme for next week’s CGD is as follows: Afternoon education workshops will include:
- Updates in Ultrasound – A hands-on refresher session on eFAST, RUSH and basic echo with special guest Dr Chris Partyka (Ultrasound Registrar at Liverpool Hospital, EM blogger at The Blunt Dissection).
- ECGs to Rock a Retrievalist – Advanced ECG Workshop by Dr Ed Burns (author of the Life in the Fast Lane ECG Library).
Pre-Reading Brush up on your ultrasound and ECG knowledge with these useful FOAM resources.
- Mount Sinai Emergency Medicine Ultrasound series — Tutorials on FAST and RUSH
- Academic Life in Emergency Medicine — Excellent overview of the RUSH protocol
- Cliff’s awesome talk on Trauma USS as presented on the Ultrasound Podcast (you might recognise this one from our HEMS induction week)
- Scott Weingart’s 2-part lecture on RUSH — Part 1 (busy readers skip to ~11:40 to get to the main points) and Part 2
Some other US websites worth checking out:
Electrocardiography Resources The theme of the ECG workshop is chest pain. Check out the following pages from the LITFL ECG Library:
Some other ECG websites worth checking out:
Looking forward to seeing you there!
All NSW Health staff welcome. Sign in required. See here for directions.
Please tell Matt I hope he has stolen most of Paddy Morgan’s slides! Highlight of Retrieval for sure…that and seeing cliff still give an awesome talk despite being about to keel over…