- RT @AirwayMxAcademy: @dr_yesarek @ketaminh @jducanto @Obidoc @LeifRognas @SydneyHEMS @bobfunn @airwayGladiator @aboutanurse Yes double fun… 19 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: Glad to see someone was paying attention! @kmconnel78 this is an excellent summary of the @SydneyHEMS approach to prehospit… 19 hours ago
- RT @UCAirCareDoc: Amazing, inspiring talk this morning expertly delivered by @kmconnel78 on her top 10 takeaways from completing the world-… 19 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: Great thread summarising the @SydneyHEMS approach to prehospital resuscitation, gleaned by @kmconnel78 who did the induction… 19 hours ago
- RT @cliffreid: The first published evaluation of @zeropointsurvey by @erin_donnelly1 & @EMManchester Thank you my friends for this import… 1 day ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: Dr Sean Scott
At Sydney HEMS we are believers in the benefit of ultrasound in the prehospital & retrieval medicine environment. Lung ultrasound is of particular use in diagnosing pneumothoraces at noisy trauma scenes or in helicopters. Yash Wimalasena, one of our Retrieval Fellows … Continue reading
Chris “Willko” Wilkinson (SCAT paramedic) shared this handy trick of the trade during a recent simulation session. Scenario Road primary job to a school where a 6 year old girl is in severe respiratory distress with known asthma. On arrival … Continue reading
An approximation of the upcoming program.
Sean discusses the recent developments in our approach to patients with critical bleeding. He reviews damage control resuscitation, the role of TEG in trauma and the nuts and bolts of massive transfusion. Keep your eyes out for the coagulation cascade … Continue reading