A Norwegian study retrospectively compared outcomes from non-traumatic cardiac arrest between ambulances staffed by physicians (PMA) and non-physician ambulances (non-PMA). There were no differences in any of the clinical outcome measures used in this study of 977 patients, in which 13% (PMA) and 11% (non-PMA) survived to hospital discharge.
Out-of hospital advanced life support with or without a physician: Effects on quality of CPR and outcome
Resuscitation. 2009 Nov;80(11):1248-52
- RT @nswitim: Online #FOAMed available now! Check out the Initial trauma assessment and resuscitation module on our website. Increase your t… 1 week ago
- Discussing challenging ventilation strategies and then hands on time with the Hamilton Ventilators. https://t.co/Y5MnaNVWRU 1 week ago
- sydneyhems.com/2021/04/28/out… featuring recorded talks by @DYannopoulos @nattiejpk @DrMDCardio @HerxxAU @coggi33… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Symposium sydneyhems.com/2021/04/28/out… 1 week ago
- RT @cliffreid: The state medical retrieval helicopters here are AW139s. Their characteristic sound can be heard even when they pass a km or… 2 weeks ago