This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @DocJohnHinds: Disappointed to see that @SydneyHEMS lads not only have their talks finished, they're actually practicing them too. http:… 3 days ago
- Curious HEMS registrars simulate in flight ultrasound to optimise planning and positioning http://t.co/RuSm9DMhGz 4 days ago
- Sydney HEMS doc @YashviW runs a paediatric dysrhythmia simulation http://t.co/fHDwE4Sk99 4 days ago
- RT @VeldskoeneMatt: @SydneyHEMS incredible experience, learning, training and governance in an amazing place smacc.net.au/2014/03/hems-s… 1 week ago
- RT @flightmed1: MT @SydneyHEMS "How We Train is How We Fight" - Bar none the most inspiring video I have ever seen. Bravo! http://t.co/eywP… 1 week ago