This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Feeling hot? Spare a thought for our #NSWAmbulance #helicopterparamedics & #doctors at work today in all their gear! http… 1 day ago
- RT @ShaneTrevithick: @SydneyHEMS Contributing to today's Prehospital learning place 1100-1500 #ACEM15 https://t.co/ywLEcBloku 5 days ago
- RT @jglash: @SydneyHEMS @HawkmoonHEMS @cliffreid @karelhabig up to date RSI practice by @YashviW #ACEM15 https://t.co/e0hSm6kFzb 1 week ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: Sea spray. @SydneyHEMS AW-139. Photo : @ShaneTrevithick https://t.co/KSEQJPh9L6 1 week ago
- RT @ClRichar: Paediatric Emergency reference cards @SydneyHEMS #stillusing #paediatricMTC #smoothexecution 1 week ago