This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- Apnoeic Oxygenation: Essential in Prehospital RSI - references from talk by @cliffreid at the #LTC2014 wp.me/p1fjW9-1Be 4 days ago
- Airway audit, M&M, & drilling holes in heads - learning points from Clinical Governance Day 3 Dec wp.me/p1fjW9-1AZ via @DomRayment 4 days ago
- RT @cowsnotgods: @SydneyHEMS youtube.com/watch?v=gXAgX_… RT and shout out for this gentleman? He's one of our local ambos raising money and awa… 6 days ago
- RT @Drtmr: New job in 2015 @EmrtsWales Consultant! - thankful for time and experience with @gwaac and @SydneyHEMS #earlychristmaspresent 1 week ago
- RT @DocTomEvens: Some high-cognitive fidelity simulation going on in the Evens house. Tight governance at work. @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/w4C… 1 week ago