This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- Excellent 'Read the Evidence' section! MT @HURT_Registry: Welcome the awesome @SydneyHEMS to the HURT Registry! hurtregistry.org/listing/greate… 23 hours ago
- RT @davidrhogg: Designing a first aid/CasCare update programme for @arranMRT today. Taking much inspiration from @SydneyHEMS https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- Welcome to the blogosphere to @CF_Coll - excellent PHARM #FOAM from CareFlight colleagues careflightcollective.wordpress.com/about/ 1 day ago
- MT @drgeoffhealy: @9NewsSyd great footage of @NSWAmbulance Helicopter taking dr/paramedic critical care anywhere! http://t.co/A4dkpgYd9q 2 days ago
- RT @UCAirCareDoc: .@HURT_Registry has gone global. @SydneyHEMS is in! What say you, @LDNairamb? #HemostaticResusc 3 days ago