This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @aLittleMedic: Congrats @SydneyHEMS ! Construction of the new state of the art training centre & Heli-base begins! http://t.co/6TiSr75zih 9 hours ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: 6 patient missions already today for our Bankstown @NSWAmbulance Doctors & #Paramedics. We fly 24/7. Busy night ahead htt… 2 days ago
- RT @Georgiek: So today's #followfriday is @waldothewombat (who is a wombat with a Twitter account) & @SydneyHEMS (who is the Amazing rescue… 6 days ago
- Training prehospital teams in extremity amputation: @drgeoffhealy in our procedure lab again #Legend sydneyhems.com/2015/08/28/ext… #SydHEMSTraining 6 days ago
- RT @OutOfTheDocBox: @SydneyHEMS stretcher winch training for new doctors #SpecterChecksComplete #AW139 #SydHEMStraining http://t.co/EXiLmeH… 6 days ago