This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @chrispartyka: STaR-studded Simulation is back up & running at @SydneyHEMS Optimise the environment to optimise your resuscitation! http… 3 days ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @PBSherren @MDaware agree. That's the dose we use @SydneyHEMS 3 days ago
- RT @kerno62: Vessel High-line Training, the aircraft gets very close. Vision, hearing compromised, SA essential @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/CKT… 3 days ago
- RT @drgeoffhealy: Fantastic photos by @johngrainger11 in @dailytelegraph of Bondi Winch rescue this morning @SydneyHEMS @NSWAmbulance http:… 3 days ago
- Clinical Governance Day today - the reign of @DomRayment as CGD lead begins! sydneyhems.com/2015/02/17/cli… 1 week ago