This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @DrHannahB: CGD today: haemorrhage and coagulation; started with excellent presentation on damage control resus in Mj trauma @SydneyHEMS… 23 hours ago
- Learning points from Clinical Governance Day on 8th October 2014 wp.me/p1fjW9-1yV 1 day ago
- RT @DomRayment: Not a bad view from the office @SydneyHEMS #PHARMpic http://t.co/ElR9XOLPni 2 days ago
- Only in training. Can use Sengstaken ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19432563 MT @AndySummers83: Anyone used intrauterine balloon for PPH pre-retrieval? 1 week ago
- RT @CammoEdgar: The smell of JetA1 and the sound of practise emergency drills. Another annual helicopter check complete. Training never sto… 1 week ago