This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @siobhramurphy: Lucky to have visited @SydneyHEMS base. Thank you @karelhabig for a fascinating visit http://t.co/nZqmpqVGX8 1 day ago
- RT @drbear13: Hems registrar dedication to simulation @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/NglEMysS68 2 days ago
- Barbecue and lunchtime socialising at the @SydneyHEMS Clinical Governance Day http://t.co/4PzJbZyOcF 2 days ago
- RT @Obidoc: Early start for flying visit to @SydneyHEMS base. Great team-lots to learn/ideas to copy #thanku @cliffreid @jglash http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS sends sincere condolences to colleagues, family and friends of Travis County StarFlight RN McLain. RIP. http:… 2 weeks ago