This is our preferred procedure for the analgesia of isolated femoral shaft fractures. It should preferably be done under ultrasound guidance and using ropivacaine.
This site explains how it’s done.
This video shows the ultrasound images during a fascia iliaca block
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS AW139 arriving at MTC. https://t.co/R1VHHIzEQr 3 days ago
- RT @david_menzies: Honoured to be speaking on Adult Retrieval at #2016EMP Plenty of Irish trainees doing this abroad! @SydneyHEMS https://t… 3 days ago
- RT @andreasjkruger: @_NMay just finished HUET @SydneyHEMS. Happy, and w/ newly irrigated sinus apparatus- completely free of charge!!! http… 4 days ago
- RT @andreasjkruger: Proud paras and docs complet @SydneyHEMS training. Very dedicated instructors, impressive mindset AND friendliness. htt… 4 days ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS meets #HungarianHEMS. https://t.co/XFcVgnOM3P 5 days ago