- RT @helimed98: Another tough day at the office @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/wvp9VsS5Jt 3 hours ago
- Retrieval medicine specialist @allegorical hasn't been seen at the Sydney base for a while. Here's why #SpreadTheLove http://t.co/nF8dQFTwpr 4 hours ago
- Training never stops - static winch practice between missions at our Bankstown base #SinkToYourLevelOfTraining http://t.co/rjWOecdiwe 1 day ago
- RT @KangarooBeach: How to run Clinical Governance Days - pearls here from @sydneyHEMS sydneyhems.com/resources/clin… 1 day ago
- RT @ResusPadawan: @cliffreid @SydneyHEMS @HawkmoonHEMS ...got a place to stay, plane tickets booked, Sydney here I come in July/Aug 1 day ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Quality Training in Prehospital Trauma Care This talk from the 2014 London Trauma Conference covered how the training of clinicians in prehospital & retrieval medicine needs to focus on performance rather than just knowledge. Simulation is the key, and to … Continue reading
Clinical Governance was a day of two halves; a morning of hard hitting clinical governance in the form of the morbidity and mortality review, and the airway audit. The afternoon was a brief look at the management of head injuries followed … Continue reading
References from talks from the 2014 London Trauma Conference Apnoeic Oxygenation: Essential in Prehospital RSI by Cliff Reid Quality Training in Prehospital Trauma Care by Cliff Reid
Interesting videocast involving our very own Yash discussing the improvised medical response at Everest Base Camp to the devastating avalanche earlier this year. If you’re interested in wilderness medicine and want to see more stuff like this, check out their website: http://theadventuremedic.com/.
A session with consultants from Sydney HEMS will be held on Tuesday 18 November as part of the Education Inservice week in Rozelle, NSW. This will be an opportunity to discuss current approaches to trauma and critical care. Please bring details … Continue reading
Here is the flyer for next week’s Clinical Governance Day. Please note that as the training building is currently being refurbished, the CGD will instead be held in the conference room in the main office building (“The Castle”).
See here for directions