- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS sends sincere condolences to colleagues, family and friends of Travis County StarFlight RN McLain. RIP. http:… 4 days ago
- RT @SBSNews: More stabbings means training for "on the street" surgery has to keep up-do-date in Australia bit.ly/1GM1Zzo http://t.… 5 days ago
- RT @injohns: Another day @NSWAmbulance @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/FMc60FWJVS” 1 week ago
- RT @injohns: “@HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS responding to multiple critically injured patients from MVC near Sussex Inlet yesterday. http://t.… 1 week ago
- RT @ShaneTrevithick: @HawkmoonHEMS @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/4lKy07jm8t 1 week ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
In view of the severe weather conditions in New South Wales the Sydney CGD has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but staff safety is our top priority. Other non-essential NSW Ambulance meetings have been … Continue reading
Quality Training in Prehospital Trauma Care This talk from the 2014 London Trauma Conference covered how the training of clinicians in prehospital & retrieval medicine needs to focus on performance rather than just knowledge. Simulation is the key, and to … Continue reading
Clinical Governance was a day of two halves; a morning of hard hitting clinical governance in the form of the morbidity and mortality review, and the airway audit. The afternoon was a brief look at the management of head injuries followed … Continue reading
References from talks from the 2014 London Trauma Conference Apnoeic Oxygenation: Essential in Prehospital RSI by Cliff Reid Quality Training in Prehospital Trauma Care by Cliff Reid
Interesting videocast involving our very own Yash discussing the improvised medical response at Everest Base Camp to the devastating avalanche earlier this year. If you’re interested in wilderness medicine and want to see more stuff like this, check out their website: http://theadventuremedic.com/.
A session with consultants from Sydney HEMS will be held on Tuesday 18 November as part of the Education Inservice week in Rozelle, NSW. This will be an opportunity to discuss current approaches to trauma and critical care. Please bring details … Continue reading
Here is the flyer for next week’s Clinical Governance Day. Please note that as the training building is currently being refurbished, the CGD will instead be held in the conference room in the main office building (“The Castle”).