- RT @DocJohnHinds: Disappointed to see that @SydneyHEMS lads not only have their talks finished, they're actually practicing them too. http:… 2 days ago
- Curious HEMS registrars simulate in flight ultrasound to optimise planning and positioning http://t.co/RuSm9DMhGz 3 days ago
- Sydney HEMS doc @YashviW runs a paediatric dysrhythmia simulation http://t.co/fHDwE4Sk99 3 days ago
- RT @VeldskoeneMatt: @SydneyHEMS incredible experience, learning, training and governance in an amazing place smacc.net.au/2014/03/hems-s… 1 week ago
- RT @flightmed1: MT @SydneyHEMS "How We Train is How We Fight" - Bar none the most inspiring video I have ever seen. Bravo! http://t.co/eywP… 1 week ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Several of our paramedics, registrars, and consultants will be attending the SmaccGOLD conference this month. Here’s the video we submitted to allow us to compete in the Sim Wars competition.
Mainland European countries have a long history of sending physicians out with emergency medical services to provide prehospital critical care. It is interesting to note an almost universal standard in the conduct of prehospital emergency anaesthesia by prehospital critical care … Continue reading
We get captured a lot on video which gets posted on YouTube. Here’s a compilation from 2013:
At Sydney HEMS we are believers in the benefit of ultrasound in the prehospital & retrieval medicine environment. Lung ultrasound is of particular use in diagnosing pneumothoraces at noisy trauma scenes or in helicopters. Yash Wimalasena, one of our Retrieval Fellows … Continue reading
Special Emphasis on Paediatric Retrieval
An approximation of the upcoming program.
Sean discusses the recent developments in our approach to patients with critical bleeding. He reviews damage control resuscitation, the role of TEG in trauma and the nuts and bolts of massive transfusion. Keep your eyes out for the coagulation cascade … Continue reading