- RT @DocJohnHinds: Disappointed to see that @SydneyHEMS lads not only have their talks finished, they're actually practicing them too. http:… 1 day ago
- Curious HEMS registrars simulate in flight ultrasound to optimise planning and positioning http://t.co/RuSm9DMhGz 2 days ago
- Sydney HEMS doc @YashviW runs a paediatric dysrhythmia simulation http://t.co/fHDwE4Sk99 3 days ago
- RT @VeldskoeneMatt: @SydneyHEMS incredible experience, learning, training and governance in an amazing place smacc.net.au/2014/03/hems-s… 1 week ago
- RT @flightmed1: MT @SydneyHEMS "How We Train is How We Fight" - Bar none the most inspiring video I have ever seen. Bravo! http://t.co/eywP… 1 week ago
Author Archives: nswhems
For directions click the ‘Contact’ tab above
Several of our paramedics, registrars, and consultants will be attending the SmaccGOLD conference this month. Here’s the video we submitted to allow us to compete in the Sim Wars competition.
Mainland European countries have a long history of sending physicians out with emergency medical services to provide prehospital critical care. It is interesting to note an almost universal standard in the conduct of prehospital emergency anaesthesia by prehospital critical care … Continue reading
Sydney HEMS retrieval specialist and intensivist (and emergency physician, by the way) Dr Craig Hore covered a workshop on escharotomy for severe burns at the Bedside Critical Care Conference in 2013 EXPLAINED: Emergency Escharotomy from Oliver Flower on Vimeo.
Dr Karel Habig discusses cardiac arrest and introduces the START Project – Second Tier Arrest Response Trial, commenced in February 2014. This video is from a presentation at Aus-ROC 2013 Mechanical Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Seminar
We get captured a lot on video which gets posted on YouTube. Here’s a compilation from 2013:
Special Emphasis on Paediatric Retrieval