- RT @siobhramurphy: Lucky to have visited @SydneyHEMS base. Thank you @karelhabig for a fascinating visit http://t.co/nZqmpqVGX8 5 days ago
- RT @drbear13: Hems registrar dedication to simulation @SydneyHEMS http://t.co/NglEMysS68 6 days ago
- Barbecue and lunchtime socialising at the @SydneyHEMS Clinical Governance Day http://t.co/4PzJbZyOcF 6 days ago
- RT @Obidoc: Early start for flying visit to @SydneyHEMS base. Great team-lots to learn/ideas to copy #thanku @cliffreid @jglash http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS sends sincere condolences to colleagues, family and friends of Travis County StarFlight RN McLain. RIP. http:… 3 weeks ago
Author Archives: nswhems
A grateful patient posted his experience of being rescued on YouTube:
In view of the severe weather conditions in New South Wales the Sydney CGD has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but staff safety is our top priority. Other non-essential NSW Ambulance meetings have been … Continue reading
Model and pig cricothyroidotomy practice at Sydney HEMS Induction 2015 demonstrating the approach: DECISION, INCISION, FINGER, BOUGIE, TUBE, CUFF, ETCO2 by Cliff Reid and Karel Habig
As we continue to increase the number of ways to use our procedure lab day for training, Dr Geoff Healy demonstrates the effect of incremental PEEP on lung recruitment in a pig carcass at Sydney HEMS Induction Training … Continue reading
Dr Geoff Healy explains the use of the Ambu a-Scope 2 for flexible-optic intubation at HEMS Team Induction Training in Sydney.
Tips on the dos and don’ts of handover at the trauma centre for a HEMS patient by Dr Karel Habig
Dr Geoff Healy explains the prehospital management of maxillofacial haemorrhage at HEMS Team Induction Training in Sydney.