- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: @SydneyHEMS meets #HungarianHEMS. https://t.co/XFcVgnOM3P 9 hours ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: David Hurley, Governor of NSW stops by our #NSWAmbulance Bankstown Helicopter Base during Medical Team training. https://… 1 day ago
- RT @ShaneTrevithick: And an @SydneyHEMS Doctor twitter.com/9NewsSyd/statu… 2 days ago
- RT @Eleytherius: I like my twitter the way it is. Random, surprising, & rather like a noisy philosophy party, where I can't recall who was … 3 days ago
- RT @UnaNicI: @tgpcassidy you thought your sims were hard @SydneyHEMS final training sim = Armageddon!! 4 days ago
Author Archives: Cliff Reid
Here the references for articles quoted in the Airway Microskills Clinical Governance Day Use of Storz C-Mac® Khan RM, Haris A, Sharma P, Kaul N. Oxygenating patients during difficult videolaryngoscopy. Anaesthesia. 2015 Sep 15;70(10):1214–4 Masters J, Rope T. Suction tube-facilitated … Continue reading
Our Standard Operating Procedure for the management of traumatic cardiac arrest prioritises the rapid management of reversible causes (hypoxia, tension pneumothorax, hypovolaemia, and cardiac tamponade). Although it has been in operation for several years, it can still appear unfamiliar to … Continue reading
We may come across patients with Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs), either in the prehospital or interhospital setting. Prehospital & retrieval medicine practitioners should have a basic understanding of how they function, what can go wrong, and how to troubleshoot in emergencies. … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure