- RT @ShaneTrevithick: @SydneyHEMS Contributing to today's Prehospital learning place 1100-1500 #ACEM15 https://t.co/ywLEcBloku 13 hours ago
- RT @jglash: @SydneyHEMS @HawkmoonHEMS @cliffreid @karelhabig up to date RSI practice by @YashviW #ACEM15 https://t.co/e0hSm6kFzb 2 days ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: Sea spray. @SydneyHEMS AW-139. Photo : @ShaneTrevithick https://t.co/KSEQJPh9L6 5 days ago
- RT @ClRichar: Paediatric Emergency reference cards @SydneyHEMS #stillusing #paediatricMTC #smoothexecution 5 days ago
- RT @InfoAIU: The ever awesome @cliffreid on Prehospital Ultrasound #POCUS And the #STORMCourse @SydneyHEMS https://t.co/sqyNnmClY3 1 week ago
Author Archives: Cliff Reid
Our Standard Operating Procedure for the management of traumatic cardiac arrest prioritises the rapid management of reversible causes (hypoxia, tension pneumothorax, hypovolaemia, and cardiac tamponade). Although it has been in operation for several years, it can still appear unfamiliar to … Continue reading
We may come across patients with Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs), either in the prehospital or interhospital setting. Prehospital & retrieval medicine practitioners should have a basic understanding of how they function, what can go wrong, and how to troubleshoot in emergencies. … Continue reading
Extremity amputation technique as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
Here is a recommended open ‘finger’ thoracostomy technique for ventilated patients as taught by Dr Geoff Healy at Sydney HEMS Team Induction training August 2015, using porcine tissue.
This video explains the rationale for clamping the tracheal tube in PEEP-dependent patients prior to switching ventilator circuits, a manoeuvre that is included in our Difficult Oxygenation Operating Procedure
Dr Haney Mallemat – an amazing critical care educator and the cuddliest RAGE podcaster – offers some tips here for beginners, but we think even seasoned retrievalists might pick up a tip or two they hadn’t thought of: The … Continue reading
This practical workshop is part of the Sydney HEMS Team Induction Training, and is one component of a learning program that also includes online preparatory material, simulation, a multi-station formal team objective structured practical assessment (also called ‘the exam’), and … Continue reading