- CGD 22/5/13 – A “Precerebral Thump” to everything you thought you knew about cardiac arrest
- Sydney HEMS Supervisor of Training assaulted by registrars…..for training.
- Simulation Debrief 13/5/13 – Difficult Decisions
- Clinical Governance Day 22nd May 2013
- Simulation Debrief 2/5/13 – Snugly stowed and about to blow?
- Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Latest Evidence by @jglash at our Clinical Governance Day : youtu.be/9Y_d2zNCpq4 via @youtube 4 hours ago
- RT @liverpoolmedic: @rfdsdoc @SydneyHEMS @sydneyhems appear to have found your chicken 'living it up' in the big city. http://t.co/kOcSkA60… 4 hours ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: The Italians settle in for a sleep over in the hangar. http://t.co/zfs7i2C8kN 1 week ago
- RT @rogerbloomer: @SydneyHEMS ambulance.nsw.gov.au/Employment/Cri…. Fantastic job, great experience, great team, apply now ! 1 week ago
- Workbook finished for Hong Kong course - Our guys can't wait to go http://t.co/xvTq6BQbDr 1 week ago
Author Archives: nswhems
Five prehospital & retrieval medicine physicians from Greater Sydney Area HEMS are excited about participating in a one day seminar at the Chinese University of Hong Kong’s A&E Academic Unit. Led by Professors Tim Rainer and Colin Graham, the Accident … Continue reading
Booking now Diploma in Retrieval and Transfer Medicine 22-23 October 2013 Open to doctors, nurses and paramedics fully registered in the UK with relevant retrieval experience “With an increasing number of doctors, nurses and paramedics from a range of backgrounds … Continue reading
Here we discuss how to retrieve patients with neurological and neurosurgical emergencies. We present a case of a young male with subarachnoid haemorrhage, and discuss how we can optimise neuroprotection by considering the needs of a healthily functioning neuron. The … Continue reading
This third podcast provides an overview of our approach to the assessment of a critical care patient that we’re going to move from one site to another. It covers the ABCDE assessment of a ventilated patient. For further information on … Continue reading
This second podcast gives a rapid overview of the approach to a patient trapped in a vehicle. This is explored further in the Virtual Learning Environment Module on Prehospital Scene Management and in the induction course. Concepts covered include: The … Continue reading
Podcasts will be available for new and prospective GSA-HEMS team members to access. The first, introductory podcast is a five-minute overview of our service.
This 22 minute talk by Dr Karel Habig is aimed at new members of the Greater Sydney Area HEMS team. It covers the standardised approach we use for prehospital RSI to minimise the risks of hypoxia and hypotension. Many of … Continue reading