This 22 minute talk by Dr Karel Habig is aimed at new members of the Greater Sydney Area HEMS team. It covers the standardised approach we use for prehospital RSI to minimise the risks of hypoxia and hypotension. Many of the aspects of this system are also applicable to hospital-based practice.
The RSI Manual is here
- RT @NSWAmbulance: 6 patient missions already today for our Bankstown @NSWAmbulance Doctors & #Paramedics. We fly 24/7. Busy night ahead htt… 1 day ago
- RT @Georgiek: So today's #followfriday is @waldothewombat (who is a wombat with a Twitter account) & @SydneyHEMS (who is the Amazing rescue… 5 days ago
- Training prehospital teams in extremity amputation: @drgeoffhealy in our procedure lab again #Legend sydneyhems.com/2015/08/28/ext… #SydHEMSTraining 5 days ago
- RT @OutOfTheDocBox: @SydneyHEMS stretcher winch training for new doctors #SpecterChecksComplete #AW139 #SydHEMStraining http://t.co/EXiLmeH… 5 days ago
- Open thoracostomy as taught by @drgeoffhealy (who else!) #SydHEMSTraining procedure lab sydneyhems.com/2015/08/27/tho… #trauma #procedures #FOAMed 6 days ago