This 22 minute talk by Dr Karel Habig is aimed at new members of the Greater Sydney Area HEMS team. It covers the standardised approach we use for prehospital RSI to minimise the risks of hypoxia and hypotension. Many of the aspects of this system are also applicable to hospital-based practice.
The RSI Manual is here
- RT @chrispartyka: The @SydneyHEMS "Toxicology Sessions" are scheduled for next Wed (7/10) w/ special guest Dr @katesellors http://t.co/VdO… 9 hours ago
- RT @madmedic809: @cliffreid gotta love power of #FOAMed. This popped up in a great talk at a #HEMS RSI talk in Virginia, US #echo15 http://… 4 days ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Taking the Emergency Dept to the scene: Red dots mark patients helped by our helicopter doctors & paramedics in 2014 http… 5 days ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Successful mission: 3 lost canyoners rescued by @NSWAmbulance helicopter #doctors & #paramedics today at Mt Tomah http://… 1 week ago
- RT @NSWAmbulance: Staff from @redcrossbloodau visiting our Bankstown Helicopter Base to see how their work helps our patients. http://t.co/… 1 week ago