- CGD 22/5/13 – A “Precerebral Thump” to everything you thought you knew about cardiac arrest
- Sydney HEMS Supervisor of Training assaulted by registrars…..for training.
- Simulation Debrief 13/5/13 – Difficult Decisions
- Clinical Governance Day 22nd May 2013
- Simulation Debrief 2/5/13 – Snugly stowed and about to blow?
- More from Your Man: Prehospital Cardiac Arrest Technology by @jglash: youtu.be/mHMaPLxDyfo 2 hours ago
- Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Latest Evidence by @jglash at our Clinical Governance Day : youtu.be/9Y_d2zNCpq4 via @youtube 22 hours ago
- RT @liverpoolmedic: @rfdsdoc @SydneyHEMS @sydneyhems appear to have found your chicken 'living it up' in the big city. http://t.co/kOcSkA60… 22 hours ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: The Italians settle in for a sleep over in the hangar. http://t.co/zfs7i2C8kN 1 week ago
- RT @rogerbloomer: @SydneyHEMS ambulance.nsw.gov.au/Employment/Cri…. Fantastic job, great experience, great team, apply now ! 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Clam shell thoracotomy – Indications and outcomes Case: A multiple gun shot wound victim was found at the roadside barely conscious. He was intubated, ventilated and given bilateral thoracostomies by our HEMS crew. He went into cardiac arrest and so … Continue reading
Succinylcholine and the hemiplegic patient (This is a follow-up post to a previous blog regarding Suxamethonium and neurological disorders). The hemiplegic patient does indeed present a risk. There are a number of case reports of stroke patients arresting on the … Continue reading
Suxamethonium and neurological disorders Case: A relatively innocuous case concerning the transportation of a Parkinson’s disease1 sufferer lead onto that age-old discussion about our old friend the depolarising neuromuscular blocker2 and which weird and wonderful neurological or neuomuscular problems it could or … Continue reading
Analgesia for the head injured patient Case: A young adult attempted hanging victim with a decreased GCS was intubated and ventilated at a referring hospital. He required interhospital retrieval to a tertiary care facility. On arrival the team noted the patient … Continue reading
Quetiapine Overdose Case: A young adult male was found comatosed after suspected overdose. His regular medications included quetiapine. He required interhospital retrieval to a tertiary care facility. He was intubated and ventilated but required only minimal sedation. Challenge: To discover … Continue reading