- CGD 22/5/13 – A “Precerebral Thump” to everything you thought you knew about cardiac arrest
- Sydney HEMS Supervisor of Training assaulted by registrars…..for training.
- Simulation Debrief 13/5/13 – Difficult Decisions
- Clinical Governance Day 22nd May 2013
- Simulation Debrief 2/5/13 – Snugly stowed and about to blow?
- Downstream Cardiac Arrest Management and Science Fiction by Dr Helen Ellis from our Clinical Governance Day: youtu.be/S6ZwJcjItfI 1 day ago
- More from Your Man: Prehospital Cardiac Arrest Technology by @jglash: youtu.be/mHMaPLxDyfo 1 day ago
- Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Latest Evidence by @jglash at our Clinical Governance Day : youtu.be/9Y_d2zNCpq4 via @youtube 2 days ago
- RT @liverpoolmedic: @rfdsdoc @SydneyHEMS @sydneyhems appear to have found your chicken 'living it up' in the big city. http://t.co/kOcSkA60… 2 days ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: The Italians settle in for a sleep over in the hangar. http://t.co/zfs7i2C8kN 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: February 2011
The Clinical Governance Day on Wednesday will include a discussion and critical appraisal of one of the most famous and quoted papers in pre-hospital care – Bickell’s trial of fluids which was a major contributor to the move towards ‘hypotensive … Continue reading
Doctors planning on attending the Canyon Training Days in April – don’t forget the list of goodies you need to prepare (bought your Dunlop Volleys from K-Mart yet?) and let Noel know your wetsuit sizes. The Canyon Training is awesome, … Continue reading
Two papers by the team have been published this month: Prehosp Emerg Care. 2011 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print] Logistics and Safety of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in Medical Retrieval. Burns BJ, Habig K, Reid C, Kernick P, Wilkinson C, … Continue reading
I was lucky enough to be interviewed by the amazing Scott Weingart, an emergency medicine intensivist who runs the spectacular EMcrit podcast. We covered some stuff on pre-hospital airway management, physicians in pre-hospital care, and I had a rant about … Continue reading
Congratulations to Paramedic Harry Gatt and Doctor Roger Bloomer for the commendations received for their brave rescue in the Blue Mountains: The Ambulance Service of NSW Distinguished Service Medal is the Services highest award. It recognises acts of conspicuous bravery … Continue reading
Next Wednesday’s Clinical Governance Day will include a session on critical appraisal of the pre-hospital literature. Please read the papers that have been emailed and make an attempt appraise them for scientific validity, importance of results, and applicability to our … Continue reading
RSI currency training every three months is underway for ASNSW consultants on the SRC roster. Please take a look at the video introducing the system of written and practical sessions.