- CGD 22/5/13 – A “Precerebral Thump” to everything you thought you knew about cardiac arrest
- Sydney HEMS Supervisor of Training assaulted by registrars…..for training.
- Simulation Debrief 13/5/13 – Difficult Decisions
- Clinical Governance Day 22nd May 2013
- Simulation Debrief 2/5/13 – Snugly stowed and about to blow?
- More from Your Man: Prehospital Cardiac Arrest Technology by @jglash: youtu.be/mHMaPLxDyfo 2 hours ago
- Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Latest Evidence by @jglash at our Clinical Governance Day : youtu.be/9Y_d2zNCpq4 via @youtube 21 hours ago
- RT @liverpoolmedic: @rfdsdoc @SydneyHEMS @sydneyhems appear to have found your chicken 'living it up' in the big city. http://t.co/kOcSkA60… 22 hours ago
- RT @HawkmoonHEMS: The Italians settle in for a sleep over in the hangar. http://t.co/zfs7i2C8kN 1 week ago
- RT @rogerbloomer: @SydneyHEMS ambulance.nsw.gov.au/Employment/Cri…. Fantastic job, great experience, great team, apply now ! 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: April 2010
A review article in Anesthesia and Analgesia provides a summary of the literature surrounding RSI controversies. Should a pre-determined dose of induction drug be given or should it be titrated to effect prior to giving suxamethonium? Should fast acting opioids … Continue reading
The American Heart Association recommends cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) by bystanders with chest compression only for adults who have cardiac arrests, but not for children. These recommendations have new support in a large observational study from Japan examining outcomes in 5170 … Continue reading
One of the key changes in international resuscitation guidelines between the 2000 and 2005 has been to minimise potentially deleterious hands-off time, so that CPR is interrupted less for pulse checks and DC shocks. These two approaches have been compared … Continue reading
An excellent review of the current British military practice to prevent and treat the acute coagulopathy of trauma shock (ACoTS) describes pathophysiology and treatment options and offers an algorithm for management. Key components of the system (when indicated according to … Continue reading
Prospectively collected data on 727 major trauma patients from a Portugese trauma centre registry enabled the comparison of mortality between three groups of patients with a priori defined life threatening ‘ABCD’ problems: those whose ABCD issues were treated in the … Continue reading